Pokémon Adventures: Red Chapter is a ROM-hack of FireRed by Aethestode.
This hack follows the events of the Pokémon Adventures Manga with added plots, which tends to make the game more violent and brutal than normal Pokémon games. Several characters from the anime also appear, such as Ash Ketchum, Delia Ketchum, Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy, Professor Ivy, Jessie, James, Meowth, and Butch. The gym leaders from the Orange Islands also appear, now working for Team Rocket.
- The Team Rocket members actually attack Red in their hideout, unlike the manga
- Visiting the Vermilion City's gym, the player is "greeted" by the ghost of Lt. Surge's Pikachu, which asks the player to put its remains in the Pokémon Tower. In the Pokémon Tower, it is revealed that Pikachu was rescued by Lt. Surge and later murdered by Giovanni.
- It's suggested that this Pikachu was Volty, Surge's female Pikachu that he trades to the player in HeartGold/SoulSilver https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298920&page=463
- During Pewter city's museum scene, the player is tasked to rescue a girl that was trapped by several Magmar.
- This is most likely a homage to the beta quest in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, where the player is tasked to search for a girl in Burned Tower. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mPMMiU0oE
- On the way to the Pokémon League, Red encounters a character named Grey who uses a team of Eeveelutions. The Eeveelutions are captured by Team Rocket, who takes them to the black market.
- Delia Ketchum can be fought as a prior champion of Kanto.
- After obtaining the battery, the player can travel to the future of Palette Town, where it has become a dystopia.
This hack contains various Pokémon from Gens 1-7 so far, as well as Shadow Pokémon, zombie Pokémon, fusion Pokémon, fakemon, unique forms, and beta designs.
- The level cap has been increased from 100 to 255.
- Certain evolutions have been made easier to obtain, usually through the use of a new evolutionary stone. Trade evolutions that required held items now only require the Link Stone.
- This game featured an Ice Stone prior to the item's canon debut in Sun and Moon.
- In addition, priod to beta 12, Eevee evolved to an Leafeon via an Leaf stone, the method used to get it in beta Gold/Silver and in gen 8
- Ash has both Pidgeot and Snorlax on his team, despite the fact that he release Pidgeot before obtaining Snorlax in the anime.
- Despite Red and Green having nicknames for their Pokémon in the manga, their teams are never referred to by their nicknames, and the player can give them other names entirely.
- This game features various references to popular media, such as Disney's The Little Mermaid, Titanic (1997), Dragon Ball Z, and Pocahontas.
- Due to lack of a daycare, the player can only obtain two Eevee in the entire game, Vee and Future Vee.